geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release specs for Activation, JACC, Deployment, Servlet and StAX
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:27:21 GMT

> Activation: + 0.1 pom is missing scm section
> Jacc: +1
> Deployment : +1
> Servlet: -1 unless someone can explain why its ok to include the
> sun explanatory comments in javax/servlet/resources/web-app_2_2.dtd
> and  javax/servlet/resources/web-app_2_5.xsd.  Also scm section is
> missing in pom
> Stax: +0.1 missing scm section.
>
> I think the servlet one needs to be re-rolled.  It might be worth
> fixing the poms in the activation and stax at the same time just to
> make it easier to find the source code, but I'm not adamant about
> that.

I am also now -1 for Servlet. I took a look at both the dtd and xsd.
They were both committed by the Tomcat project into Tomcat svn and
subsequently copied into Geronimo. However, both files appear to be
copies of Sun copyrighted materials, with Sun copyright and licensing
terms (i.e. restrictions of use) removed.

--kevan