geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject process for updating code in specs/branches ?
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:52:27 GMT
To address this JIRA:

I would like to merge this change from tomcat to geronimo's copy of
the 2.5 servlet spec.
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/java/javax/servlet/
ServletException.java?r1=467995&r2=467994&pathrev=467995

Do I need to copy the spec from specs/branches to specs/trunk and
update the version number in pom.xml before making the change?  Or do
I just make the change directly to the branch?

BTW -- as noted in the JIRA, now that tomcat publishes to maven
central I don't think it makes sense for us to maintain the specs
that were copied from tomcat6 (servlet 2.5, jsp 2.1, and el 1.0).  I
had put off making this particular change to our servlet spec in
anticipation of switching to tomcat's.  But now that concerns have
been raised about copyrighted DTDs and XSDs contained in the spec
jars I am waiting to see where these discussions go:
http://www.nabble.com/cleanroomed-schemas-and-DTDs-tf3952935.html
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-SUN-PROPRIETARY-CONFIDENTIAL-code-in-
myfaces-tf3956198s134.html#a11225762

Best wishes,