geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: SUN PROPRIETARY/CONFIDENTIAL code in myfaces
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 03:29:16 GMT
Here's the relevant part of the file, that is "prior written
authorization" from Sun:

The contents of this file are subject to the terms of either the GNU
General Public License Version 2 only ("GPL") or the Common Development
and Distribution License("CDDL") (collectively, the "License").  You
may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can
obtain
a copy of the License at https://glassfish.dev.java.net/public/CDDL
+GPL.html
or glassfish/bootstrap/legal/LICENSE.txt.  See the License for the
specific
language governing permissions and limitations under the License.

I'll ask about the xsds that you list below...

Craig

> [...]
> language I just quoted and (definitely) no license header.  So,
> assuming the current versions are actually OK to put in public svn,
> it would be great to get copies of all the java ee 5, j2ee 1.4,
> j2ee 1.3, and j2ee 1.2 schemas and dtds with similar license
> headers.  Previously (IIUC due to some complaints from others at
> Sun) the geronimo project  has spent quite a bit of effort removing
> all these schemas and dtds from public svn.  We'd love to be able
> to put them back.
>
> Geronimo would like at least:
>
> application-client_5.xsd
> application_5.xsd
> ejb-jar_3_0.xsd
> handler-chain.xsd
> javaee_5.xsd
> javaee_web_services_1_2.xsd
> javaee_web_services_client_1_2.xsd
> jsp_2_1.xsd
> persistence_1_0.xsd
> web-app_2_5.xsd
> web-facesconfig_1_2.xsd  (already done)
> web-jsptaglibrary_2_1.xsd
>
> application-client_1_4.xsd
> application_1_4.xsd
> connector_1_5.xsd
> ejb-jar_2_1.xsd
> j2ee_1_4.xsd
> j2ee_jaxrpc_mapping_1_1.xsd
> j2ee_web_services_1_1.xsd
> j2ee_web_services_client_1_1.xsd
> jsp_2_0.xsd
> web-app_2_4.xsd
> web-jsptaglibrary_2_0.xsd
>
> Although the portlet-app_1_0.xsd  (http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/
> portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd) doesn't have any restrictive language,
> it also doesn't have any indication at all of its license in the
> xsd itself.   A license header would be a welcome improvement IMO.
>
> many thanks,
> david jencks
>
> On Jun 20, 2007, at 9:31 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:
>
>> I've been working with Sun to get the appropriate legal notices
>> changed in the relevant files: the xsd for faces 1.2 and the dtd
>> for faces 1.0 and 1.1.
>>
>> Please take a look at the newly updated files at:
>>
>> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-facesconfig_1_2.xsd
>> http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-facesconfig_1_0.dtd
>> http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-facesconfig_1_1.dtd
>>
>> The notices in these files should be self-explanatory. The files
>> in the faces repository should be refreshed with the latest
>> versions from the web. The NOTICE file in the distribution should
>> be updated to reflect the CDDL license (we don't want the GPL
>> license option do we).
>>
>> If there are other similar cases, please let me know and I'll try
>> to get them updated as well.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> On May 21, 2007, at 2:19 PM, Bill Stoddard wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone here besides me see a problem with this copyright:
>>>
>>> <!--
>>> Copyright 2004 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
>>> SUN PROPRIETARY/CONFIDENTIAL. Use is subject to license terms.

>>> resources/org/apache/myfaces/resource/web-facesconfig_1_0.dtd?
>>> view=markup
>>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/myfaces/core/trunk/impl/src/main/
>>> resources/org/apache/myfaces/resource/web-facesconfig_1_1.dtd?