geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can we conclude the Vote on WS-META-Data early? --- Please resond if you object
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:22:39 GMT
I don't understand the release process for specs to tell what is
going on, however there is no https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/
geronimo/specs/tags/geronimo-ws-metadata_2.0_spec-1.1.1 (what i'd
expect a 1.1.1 to be under) nor a https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/
geronimo/specs/tags/geronimo-ws-metadata_2.0_spec-1.1 (what is
actually shown in the newly added scm info).  IMO its slightly better
to have no information rather than wrong information.

At this point I'm
+0 on releasing the original (no scm info) ws-metadata 1.1.1 jar
-0 on releasing the modified one.

Keeping track of the spec release procedure is beyond my limited
abilities, but what is happening is not what I expected.  My dim
recollections of the release procedure was that we would use the
maven release plugin and that would correctly tag the source and
generate/modify all the artifacts consistent with the new tag.  I'm
confused because there is no 1.1.1 tag that I can find for ws
metadata and the scm info does not appear to be getting updated.  Is
this a maven bug, is it not supposed to be updated by the release
plugin, or something else?

thanks
david jencks