geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 2.0 Release Criteria
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 16:59:41 GMT
> We've gone through the CTS grind and came out victorious http://
> java.sun.com/javaee/overview/compatibility.jsp
>
> OpenEJB has moved to TopLevel and CXF has certified and Axis 2 is
> working that way too.
>
> All in all its been an excellent six months.
>
> So, what are we going to do for 2.0 and getting it out the door?

I think you narrowed it down to the acceptable minimum and the sooner
Geronimo 2.0 sees the light the better. No need to wait for anything
else but bugs and only those that prevent us from releasing Geronimo.
I know that having a Java EE 5 certified release as RC is not a good
option for many people. A Java EE 5 certified and final release is
what people seem to be waiting for - me at very least.

Of course, tooling is another factor why people would choose Geronimo
over...ekhm...other app servers so Eclipse and NetBeans support with
M2 plugins would be a great bonus to offer. Eclipse plugin is almost
ready whereas NetBeans IDE...hmm....more to come soon. I had some
minor issues with geronimo m2 plugin so when Geronimo gets appropriate
attention being able to boot up a fully Java EE 5 certified
application server and test out ears is another differentiator. So,
let's polish it and put on the shelves...asap - 07/15 the very least.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl