geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Orion Letizi <or...@terracotta.org>
Subject Re: Terracotta Clustering plugin...
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 23:45:57 GMT

So, I think an HTTP session clustering plugin would be the most likely first
step.

As I see it, we need the plugin to:

* grab the terracotta bits.  I'm not exactly sure how this will get done,
since the Terracotta bits aren't currently packaged up for automated
download (although, it looks like we'll be adding that soon)

* configure Geronimo to use Terracotta HTTP session clustering.  Currently,
this is done by adding java vm parameters... not sure how that will work
with the hot-install plugin feature of Geronimo.

* maybe provide some mechanism for configuring terracotta for your
application and/or starting the terracotta server (although, this seems like
a nice to have that could be worked out later).

Does this sound reasonable?

I rummaged around for a little while to see if I could find docs on how to
build a plugin (other than using the neat plugin generator feature in the
Geronimo console), but didn't really find anything immediately.  Can someone
give me a place to start looking?

The EJB-clustering prototype stuff that Jeff Genender and Tim Eck worked on
seems like something we could work on in parallel, but the horizon for that
might be a little farther out.