geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r544258 - in /geronimo/server/trunk/applications: console/geronimo-console-framework/ console/geronimo-console-standard/ geronimo-ca-helper/ geronimo-examples/geronimo-jsp-examples/ geronimo-ldap-demo/ geronimo-remote-deploy/ geronimo-uddi-...
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 21:50:43 GMT
On Jun 5, 2007, at 4:37 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Why would Geronimo fail to parse an xml file with a valid xml comment?

Good question.  I should be able to revert locally and recreate the
error if you'd like to see some more data.

> There was a bug in the first 2.0-SNAPSHOT of the jspc-maven-plugin
> which may have caused the generated web.xml to be corrupt, but I've
> fixed that.
>
> I don't believe that the previous version of the plugin defaulted
> the injectString to <!-- [INSERT FRAGMENT HERE] --> though...
> unless it was removed in the trunk version which was what I based
> the new version on.  As I mentioned before, the default
> injectString was '</web-app>' and I left it that way.

I didn't look at the source for the previous version.  My comments
about it were based on a conversation I had on IRC.  At any rate,
specifying the placeholder string is consistent with the plugin doc at:
     http://mojo.codehaus.org/jspc-maven-plugin/usage.html
and resolved the compile error for those unfortunate souls that
encountered it.

Best wishes,
Paul