geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pluto portal for geronimo 2.0
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 16:58:05 GMT

> module == car file (or plugin), i.e. "pre-deployed" application for
> javaee apps, and you certainly can't run the same web "module" in
> both the jetty and tomcat integrations.  So, unless you are
> proposing a really big redesign of what is in a module for a web
> app, you're going to need separate modules for pluto on jetty and
> tomcat, the base console on jetty and tomcat, each bit of
> additional console on jetty and tomcat....
>
> It's quite possible for the plans for the jetty and tomcat versions
> to be identical (as long as the environment element is added by the
> car plugin), but you still get 2 modules.

Sorry my terminology is a bit rusty.  Now I understand what you mean
and agree that for pre-deployed versions of the pluto driver and
admin console web apps there would be separate plugins for tomcat and
jetty.  Right now the only piece that's implemented as a plugin is
the pluto container which only prereqs the jee-specs config and some
pluto jars, so it can be used in either tomcat or jetty.

Best wishes,
Paul