geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Naming conflict when deploying testsupport EARs
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 17:02:42 GMT
In 2.0-M3, when a bean was deployed, it's deployment-id was prefixed
with geronimo-deploymentUtil9638.tmpdir
Eg: deployment-id=geronimo-deploymentUtil9638.tmpdir/SimpleStatelessSession

This ensured a unique ID even if beans from across apps had the same name.

Now, the deployment-id is prefixed with the name of the jar to which
the bean belongs to.
Eg: deployment-id=ejb.jar/SimpleStatelessSession

This eliminates the deployment of another app having a bean with the
same name packaged in a same named jar.

Cheers
Prasad