geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do we build Geronimo?
Date Sun, 06 May 2007 18:48:31 GMT
Having that information at hand would have helped avoid problems like
we saw last week.  I also have a hunch that the accuracy and
usefulness of that information would expire pretty quickly since both
build environments are always changing and improving.

To help prevent TCK problems in the future I think we should do two
things.  First, since TCK is such an important part of our project I
think that all active geronimo committers should seriously consider
signing the NDA and participate as much as possible in the efforts
and communication around TCK.  Secondly , the people working on TCK
should be more watchful over what is going on in the general dev
community and more clear about times when non-critical changes should
be kept to a minimum.  I feel personally convicted about the latter
since I could have done a much better job following the discussions
on dev and trying out patches in the TCK env.

Best wishes,
Paul