geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r532313 - /geronimo/server/trunk/modules/geronimo-corba/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/corba/secu
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 10:36:49 GMT

On May 13, 2007, at 11:04 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On 5/14/07, FranK G <frank2006g@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> FYI. Simon's method to this problem. Worked for me.

>> From: Simon Peng
>> Date: 2007-05-09 16:10:31
>> To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
>> cc:
>> Subject: Re: trunk build failed on Windows
>>
>> Removing
>>     <dependency>
>>       <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
>>       <artifactId>container</artifactId>
>>       <version>${version}</version>
>>       <type>pom</type>
>>       <scope>compile</scope>
>>     </dependency>
>> from
>> M2_REPO/org/apache/openejb/server/3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/server-3.0-
>> incubating-SNAPSHOT.pom solves the problem.
>
> I wonder why it did as I tried out building Geronimo myself with a
> clean repo and didn't run into any issues. I run it on WinXP, but with
> Sun JDK, so I think IBM JDK is the culprit.

I think its a maven bug.  We ran into this a couple months ago and
essentially no one could build.  I think there's a maven or openejb
jira for the underlying problem, but don't recall exactly where.
Anyway I thought everyone agreed this bit of pom didn't do what it
was supposed to (make all of the "container" modules build before any
"server" modules) and I had thought it had been removed.  Was I wrong
or has this been added back at some point?

thanks
david jencks