geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Naming the servers
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 14:45:41 GMT
I haven't had time to look at this thoroughly but I have a couple
comments anyway.  Take them with plenty of salt.

1. IMO anyone using this feature is likely to want to heavily
customize geronimo so their "template" bears little resemblance to
what we supply.  If they don't do this, we've failed to provide a
sufficiently customizable server.  So I think its equally important
to provide facilities to extract a "minimal" server that will run a
set of apps and make it the template.

2. I think the predominant use of uncustomized geronimo will be as a
single server so I'm reluctant to, for this use, hide "var" under a
couple more directories.  It would certainly make my use of geronimo
more complicated.  I'm worried that to make life a little easier for
advanced users we may be making it more complicated for beginners.
What do other people think?

thanks
david jencks