geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: Sun JSF RI alternate config
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 16:05:15 GMT

On May 22, 2007, at 5:23 AM, Don Hill wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a need to get Sun RI running on Geronimo 2.x, actually this
> is part of a cross platform effort that I am working on, so with
> that here are a few questions.
> 1.) has anyone created this config that will allow myfaces to to
> changed out for Sun RI.

No one has said anything about it, I doubt it very much.

> 2.) Could someone explain to me, short story of the configs/gbeans
> that need to be changed to get this working?

You need to write 2 modules and 2 configs to replace the geronimo-
myfaces, geronimo-myfaces-builder modules and myfaces and myfaces-
deployer configs, then you need to build a server with these instead
of the myfaces ones, or just add them, but turn on the ri-deployer
module instead of the myfaces-deployer module.

The hard part will be dealing with annotations.  IIUC the jsf ri uses
something like the tomcat AnnotationProcessor interface that I seem
to have been able to talk both myfaces and tomcat out of using.  If
you don't need annotation support then integration should be pretty
easy, just write a no-op annotation processor.

> Any other advise is always appreciated ;)

Are you interested/able to contribute your work back to geronimo?

david jencks

> Thanks.

View raw message