geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Corba app client error
Date Sun, 20 May 2007 08:40:15 GMT

On May 19, 2007, at 10:49 PM, Tim McConnell wrote:

> Thanks for the information David, the client.log was particularly
> useful. So it seems my app client is dependent upon j2ee-corba-yoko
> via an explicit dependency in the application-client element of my
> geronimo-application.xml plan.

You need to take that dependency out before you can make progress.

> I know you mentioned that this should be unnecessary but my ear
> will not deploy without it (it cannot find the CSSBeanGBean).

You need to include a CSSBean gbean in your app-client geronimo plan.

> The j2ee-corba-yoko module is then dependent upon openejb which has
> a direct dependency on the system-database, and other dependencies
> that are also dependent upon the system-database (e.g., activemq-
> ra-->activemq-broker-->system-database). Is it fair to assume that
> the j2ee-corba-yoko dependency on the app client is correct ??

Absolutely not.  The corba builders should be inserting  a dependency
on client-corba-yoko in your app client.  If they aren't (which you
should be able to determine by sufficiently detailed client logging)
we should figure out why, because they seem to be working for the tck.

> If so, I can then try to figure out how to remove the system-
> database dependency from that chain. If not, I can then try to
> figure out why it needs to be added to my app client in order for
> it to successfully deploy. Again, thanks for your assistance....

What's the deployment error?

thanks
david jencks

> David Jencks wrote:
>> Something is adding a dependency on system-database config from
>> your client config, and it can't run in the client.... there's no
>> derby gbean running.  I think that if you look in client.log,
>> possibly after turning up logging to debug or maybe trace, you
>> should see some indication of the dependencies that are causing
>> this.  Then you get to try to figure out how to prevent the
>> dependency getting added :-)
>> I used to use the debugger in the client for figuring out what is
>> getting started but IIRC I added a logging monitor.  There should
>> be some classloader parent info that might also be helpful.
>> Hope this helps
>> david jencks
>> On May 18, 2007, at 11:30 PM, Tim McConnell wrote:
>>> Hi, I'm trying to invoke an EJB with an application client using
>>> CORBA. However, when I invoke my client I'm getting a very
>>> perplexing exception which I've not seen before. Does anyone have
>>> any idea what might be causing this ?? It seems to somehow relate
>>> to the system-database which I'm not even using. Thanks for any
>>> assistance.  Tim
>>>
>>> C:\TEMP\TRUNK\geronimo-tomcat6-jee5-2.0-SNAPSHOT>java -
>>> Djava.endorsed.dirs=lib/endorsed -jar bin\client.jar
>>> org.apache.geronimo.samples/corba-hello-world-client/2.0-SNAPSHOT/
> [...]
>>> (CommandLine.java:188)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.system.main.CommandLine.invokeMainGBean
>>> (CommandLine.java:98)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.system.main.ClientCommandLine.startClient
>>> (ClientCommandLine.java:77)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.system.main.ClientCommandLine.execute
>>> (ClientCommandLine.java:63)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.system.main.EmbeddedClientCommandLine.execute
>>> (EmbeddedClientCommandLine.java:43)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.main
>>> (MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:45)
>>>         at org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain
>>> (AbstractCLI.java:67)
>>>         at org.apache.geronimo.cli.client.ClientCLI.main
>>> (ClientCLI.java:30)
>>> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database
>>> 'SystemDatabase', see the next exception for details.
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException
>>> (Unknown Source)
>>>         at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException
>>> (Unknown Source)
>>>         at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException
>>> (Unknown Source)
>>>         at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException
>>> (Unknown Source)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.newSQLException
>>> (Unknown Source)
>>>         at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.bootDatabase
>>> (Unknown Source)
>>>         at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.<init>
>>> (Unknown Source)
>>>         at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection30.<init>
>>> (Unknown Source)
>>>         at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver30.getNewEmbedConnection
>>> (Unknown Source)
>>>         at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>         at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDataSource.getConnection
>>> (Unknown Source)
>>>         at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDataSource.getConnection
>>> (Unknown Source)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedXADataSource.setupResourceAdapter
>>> (Unknown Source)
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedXADataSource.getXAConnection
>>> (Unknown Source)
>>>         at
>>> org.tranql.connector.jdbc.AbstractXADataSourceMCF.getPhysicalConnect
>>> ion(AbstractXADataSourceMCF.java:74)
>>>         ... 67 more
>>> 02:18:45,140 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting;
>>> GBean is now in the FAILED state:
>>> abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.configs/system-database/2.0-
>>> SNAPSHOT/car?
>>> J2EEApplication=null,ResourceAdapterModule=org.apache.geronimo.confi
>>> car,j2eeType=GBean,name=NonTransactionalThreadPooledTimer"