geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Shiva Kumar H R" <shiv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A session I presented at ApacheCon on J2EE App development using Eclipse
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 15:10:46 GMT
Thanks Sachin, using Update Manager and selecting an appropriate mirror
seems to speed up things a bit, but not comparable with the savings in
Download time that I get with Downloading a zip of Eclipse Plug-in by using
a Download Accelerator.

I tried this from my Office Network (lot lot faster than my Home
connectivity): Downloading using Update Manager (after selecting a mirror)
took 18mins while downloading a zip of Eclipse Plugin (from
http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/unstable/ ) only took 5mins.
More than 3 times savings in Download time.

So, I would still request a zip of Geronimo Eclipse Plug-in (for all
versions) to be made available on the
http://geronimo.apache.org/development-tools.html page. Individuals familiar
with Eclipse would then be able to take advantage of the savings in Download
Time.

- Shiva