geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r540409 - in /geronimo/server/trunk: assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/pom.xml pom.xml
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 17:57:37 GMT

On May 22, 2007, at 11:38 AM, Donald Woods wrote:

> Can we put the addition of Xerces/Xalan in geronimo-boilerplate-
> jee5 instead of geronimo-boilerplate-minimal, which adds
> unnecessary bloat back into the minimal assemblies again?

We could consider it. Putting them back into boilerplate-minimal was
consistent with our G 1.1 and 1.2 structure. I certainly wouldn't
call it "unecessary" and could do without painting the issue with
words like "bloat". I could similarly describe your proposal as --
"could we remove Xerces/Xalan from the minimal server, so that we can
break xml processing in that environment?

Good chance that we'll be pulling the xalan jar out, for other
reasons. Since xalan is the biggest jar, I assume this helps?

--kevan