geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <>
Subject Re: Nearing testing complete ... what should the release name be and next steps
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 17:14:30 GMT

Matt Hogstrom wrote:
> There has been lots of work going on to get Geronimo 2.0 certified and
> it seems like the light at the end of the tunnel is not an oncoming
> train but the other side :)  With that we're also at the point of
> cutting a milestone since we're at the end of May.  Given that all
> possible assemblies won't be fully tested what do folks think about the
> name of the release and what will it contain?  Also, when is a branch
> appropriate?
> I was thinking geronimo-tomcat-jee5-2.0-M6.  This would include Tomcat,
> CXF and OpenJPA as the components.  The M6 indicates a work in progress
> but allows us to claim a specific release as certified and allows us to
> continue knocking off the corners for performance, footprint, etc.
> It would also seem about right to branch into branches/2.0 at this time
> as we finish the other work.
> What do others think?

I think this makes sense.  We need a release to reference for
certification but there are probably enough issues in other areas that
we wouldn't want to make it a full blown release.  Using M6 let's us get
something out there for folks to work with and also communicates that
there are still some rough edges.

View raw message