geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Tim McConnell <tim.mcco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Corba app client error
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 18:03:15 GMT
Hi Rick, as I mentioned I figured I was missing something fairly obvious. I see
exactly what you mean now. Now that I have it configured and coded correctly my
Corba example actually deploys and the app client invoke and EJB using Corba
!!! So now that I have a working Corba example I can use that as a base to
develop more sophisticated Corba scenarios invoking some of our existing EJBs.
Now I am much less cornfused. Thanks very much to you and David for your
patience and assistance. Tim

Rick McGuire wrote:
> Tim McConnell wrote:
>> Well, i must be missing something obvious here. If the app client is
>> dependent upon the CSSBeanGBean, and the CSSBeanGBean is in the
>> j2ee-corba-yoko module, how is it that the app client cannot be
>> dependent upon the j2ee-corba-yoko ??
> I think you're confusing the module and the config.  The corba modules
> contain the GBean code, but the config your app client needs to be
> dependent upon is the client-corba-yoko config.
>
>> I've moved the CSSBeanGBean from the geronimo-application plan for the
>> ear to the geroniom-application-client plan for the app client with
>> the same results. The client will not deploy without a dependency on
>> the j2ee-corba-yoko module. As you've requested below here is the
>> error (this is with the CSSBeanGBean reference in the
>> geronimo-application plan for the ear (but the failure is the same
>> when I move it to the geroniom-application-client). I've also attached
>> all the plans for my ear if you could review to see what if anything
>> I'm doing obviously incorrect. Thanks again. Tim
>>
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: Could not
>> load class org.apache.geronimo.corba.CSSBeanGBean
>> org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException:
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: Could not
>> load class org.apache.geronimo.corba.CSSBeanGBean
>>     at
>> org.apache.geronimo.client.builder.AppClientModuleBuilder.addGBeans(AppClientModuleBuilder.java:724)

>>     at
>> org.apache.geronimo.client.builder.AppClientModuleBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$93137659.invoke(<generated>)

>>     at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>     at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)

>>     at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:127)

>>     at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:820)
>>
>>     at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
>>     at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)

>> David Jencks wrote:

>>> You need to take that dependency out before you can make progress.

>>> You need to include a CSSBean gbean in your app-client geronimo plan.

>>> Absolutely not.  The corba builders should be inserting  a dependency
>>> on client-corba-yoko in your app client.  If they aren't (which you
>>> should be able to determine by sufficiently detailed client logging)
>>> we should figure out why, because they seem to be working for the tck.

>>> What's the deployment error?
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> david jencks

Source)