geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Naming the servers
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 22:15:04 GMT

Jason Dillon wrote:
> Can we hold off on any of these types of changes until we have the 2.0
> tck sorted?
>
> This isn't critical for 2.0, I'd even push this off to 2.1 to avoid
> disrupting the tck work that is going on now.

We definitely need to keep TCK as the top priority for now ... and my
personal thanks to Anita for backing out these changes to help us out
with that effort.

As far as this and other significant changes (significant in impact to
users that is ... not necessarily lines of code) I think we should make
the decision on a case by case basis if it can go into 2.0 or if it
should wait post 2.0.

This change seems a little controversial so we probably need a little
more discussion on it to reach consensus.   Unfortunately, I think
people have been too focused on TCK to give it adequate attention.   I'm
not sure if that will change until we reach 100% so perhaps we should
hold off making a decision until we're there (as Jason suggests).

Joe