geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Naming the servers
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 22:04:22 GMT

David Jencks wrote:
> 2. I think the predominant use of uncustomized geronimo will be as a
> single server so I'm reluctant to, for this use, hide "var" under a
> couple more directories.  It would certainly make my use of geronimo
> more complicated.  I'm worried that to make life a little easier for
> advanced users we may be making it more complicated for beginners.  What
> do other people think?

I agree.  I'd like to see single server case remain unchanged.  This
will also keep things consistent for people who have been working with
previous Geronimo releases.  It's ok to make it a bit more complicated
if you want to do something more complicated - but let's not
unnecessarily frustrate those who have been working with Geronimo and
don't want the additional complexity.

Joe