geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: web site update
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 02:34:08 GMT
Jason Dillon wrote:
> Also, why are the release notes using closer.cgi?  Its a PITA when you
> want to go look at these small text files to see what they have to use
> this mirror redirector, which is intended for larger downloads :-(

The way we download the files is the same way we have been using since the very beginning,
long before the first face lift. Not sure why you bring this up just now !?

> --jason
>

> On May 2, 2007, at 2:49 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:
>
>> I see so you just left one box logo on the downloads page then?  Not
>> the direction I would have hopped... and its still got that ugly
>> border... :-(

I didn't attach any new images, however I did fix the border problem earlier today.

It was you who added the 1.1 image in first place on the download page (Mar 26, 2007 14:52
- Jason Dillon: Add the nice box, using svn url at the moment, should change). I then changed
it with a smaller jpg version for faster rendering.

Either way, that image refers to 1.1, that's why I asked for one without any version specific
info so we can add it to the "general" download page. FWIW we are also missing 1.0 and 1.1.1
boxes so we can add to each download page the corresponding image.

WRT http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxSITE/downloads.data/geronimo-box-1.1-small.jpg I mentioned
in the other thread you replied:

<snip>
This is the same box logo which I'm talking about.

I thought I had explained this already...

I give up.  You do it how you want and if you end up copying the image over and over I'll
try to explain again later why duplicating is bad.
</snip>

*geronimo-box-1.1-small.jpg* is not the same image as *geronimo-box-1.2-small.jpg* which is
not the same image as *geronimo-box-2.0-small.jpg* ..., so what is it I am duplicating?

Cheers!
Hernan