geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: web site update
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 14:01:05 GMT
Jason Dillon wrote:
> Um... why?
>
> That mens for each release we have a duplicate image?  That is crazy
not really, wasn't your point to have a unique image for each release page? maybe I didn't
understand

> man.  Thats like saying that each page has the banner image attached to
> it, though admittedly that is much worse, but its along the same lines
> as what you are suggesting.

right, there is no point in copying the very same image over and over again, so there is clearly
a misunderstanding here.

If we are going to use just one image (independent of the Geronimo version) on each release
page then we definitively point to the same spot where we have the banners and logos on the
repo.
However, if we want to have for each release page a new Geronimo box with a matching version
number, then we should to attach each of those images to the corresponding release page. This
is the approach I thought we were talking about. If we go this way then we need to come up
with a kind of standard way to create that image, today we are missing 1.0 and 1.1.1.

Cheers!
Hernan