geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How do we build Geronimo?
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 08:05:31 GMT
I don't think anyone has a problem rebuilding geronimo as much as
needed to pick up code changes for the tck.  IIUC the automated tools
jason is working on already do this.  However there is some need in
the tck framework to know how the server is laid out, for instance to
install certificates in the correct location, and changing that will
disrupt not only the tck scripting but many of our users.

I kinda think that proposals to change the layout of the server
should be discussed and voted on with a pretty large fraction of
committers voting just to make sure that everyone is aware of what
might change and has thought about it carefully. I'm afraid I haven't
kept up with the changes that led to this discussion so I might be
looking in the wrong direction.

Just my thoughts
david jencks