geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Nearing testing complete ... what should the release name be and next steps
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 16:53:59 GMT
There has been lots of work going on to get Geronimo 2.0 certified
and it seems like the light at the end of the tunnel is not an
oncoming train but the other side :)  With that we're also at the
point of cutting a milestone since we're at the end of May.  Given
that all possible assemblies won't be fully tested what do folks
think about the name of the release and what will it contain?  Also,
when is a branch appropriate?

I was thinking geronimo-tomcat-jee5-2.0-M6.  This would include
Tomcat, CXF and OpenJPA as the components.  The M6 indicates a work
in progress but allows us to claim a specific release as certified
and allows us to continue knocking off the corners for performance,
footprint, etc.

It would also seem about right to branch into branches/2.0 at this
time as we finish the other work.

What do others think?

Matt