geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alessandro PTQS <alessandro.pilon...@ptqs.it>
Subject Re: Unable to locate provider for protocol: pop3
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 12:58:13 GMT

Can you give me a simple example for use pop3 ?

I had downloaded geronimo 2.0 M5 and my code still doesn't work:

.
.
.
props.put("mail.pop3.port", "110");
Session session = Session.getDefaultInstance(props, null);
store = session.getStore("pop3");
store.connect(popServer, popUser, popPassword);
folder = store.getFolder("INBOX");
if (folder == null) throw new Exception("No POP3 INBOX");
folder.open(Folder.READ_WRITE);

.
.
.
.

the stacktrace is here:

javax.mail.MessagingException: Empty Response
        at
org.apache.geronimo.javamail.store.pop3.POP3ResponseBuilder.buildResp
onse(POP3ResponseBuilder.java:64)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.javamail.store.pop3.POP3Connection.sendCommand(PO
P3Connection.java:154)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.javamail.store.pop3.message.POP3Message.getConten
tStream(POP3Message.java:88)
        at
javax.mail.internet.MimePartDataSource.getInputStream(MimePartDataSou
rce.java:46)
        at javax.activation.DataHandler.getInputStream(DataHandler.java:70)
        at
javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage.getInputStream(MimeMessage.java:896)
        at common.MailManager.saveMail(MailManager.java:105)
        at common.MailManager.recieve(MailManager.java:67)
        at common.ThreadMail.run(ThreadMail.java:12)
javax.mail.MessagingException: Unexpected response: 700
        at
org.apache.geronimo.javamail.store.pop3.POP3ResponseBuilder.buildResp
onse(POP3ResponseBuilder.java:86)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.javamail.store.pop3.POP3Connection.sendCommand(PO
P3Connection.java:154)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.javamail.store.pop3.message.POP3Message.loadHeade
rs(POP3Message.java:175)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.javamail.store.pop3.message.POP3Message.getHeader
(POP3Message.java:192)
        at
javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage.getSingleHeader(MimeMessage.java:1525
)
        at javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage.getSubject(MimeMessage.java:526)

thanks so much.