geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alessandro PTQS <alessandro.pilon...@ptqs.it>
Subject Unable to locate provider for protocol: pop3
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 09:04:11 GMT

Good morning,

I would to know the functionality about  pop3 javamail on geronimo 1.1.1.

I premise that I already use the geronimo javamail smtp configuration.

I have an application ear , with ejb 2.0.

For smtp,

I define the dependencies,  a gbean on my geronimo-application.xml, I define
the resource ref in my web.xml and geronimo-web.xml and my code look like
this:

        InitialContext context = new InitialContext();
        Session mailSession = (Session)
context.lookup("java:comp/env/mail/MailSession");
        Transport transport = mailSession.getTransport("smtp");

For smtp, the application works fine.

What's wrong for pop3 ???

What type of configuration I need to do ? In your documentation I didn't
find nothing.

The exception throw is: "Unable to locate provider for protocol: pop3"

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Alessandro Pilonato.