geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Changes to MultiParent Class Loader committed last night
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 14:06:58 GMT
I made some changes to the MPCL that improve performance for both
startup and deployment times.  Given that its an integral part of the
system it does have the opportunity to break things.  I've tested it
pretty thoroughly but we all know what works on one person's system
may not work on another's.  If this change is causing a problem you
can revert to the old behaviour by adding a command line option.  I
do this by:

JAVA_OPTS="-DXorg.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MPCLSearchOption=
{safe | optimized}"

Using "safe" reverts to the old behaviour and "optimized" (the
default) is the new behaviour.

Here are the differences in timings I measured between the old
behaviour and new behaviour.  Let me know if you have any issues.