geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: Role-based security in EJB methods
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 20:00:15 GMT

On May 14, 2007, at 10:33 AM, Christopher Blythe wrote:

> Was wondering if there are any samples or tests for Geronimo that
> use role-based authentication for EJB methods?
> More specifically, I was wondering how to configure the role
> mappings in the Geronimo deployment plan. Most of the samples out
> there revolve around the war, but I have not found anything
> relating to the EJB jar.

The role>> permission mapping is specified in the spec dd or via

The part in the geronimo plan is a principal<< role mapping which
works the same way for wars and ejb jars.

I don't know if there are easy to find examples.  If this doesn't
clear it up can you ask a more specific question?

david jencks

> Thanks...
> Chris
> --
> "I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let...
> lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." - Tyler Durden

View raw message