geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: web site update
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 02:41:27 GMT
On May 2, 2007, at 7:34 PM, Hernan Cunico wrote:
> Jason Dillon wrote:
>> Also, why are the release notes using closer.cgi?  Its a PITA when
>> you want to go look at these small text files to see what they
>> have to use this mirror redirector, which is intended for larger
>> downloads :-(
>
> The way we download the files is the same way we have been using
> since the very beginning, long before the first face lift. Not sure
> why you bring this up just now !?

Because I finally got annoyed enough to mention it. :-P

>>> I see so you just left one box logo on the downloads page then?
>>> Not the direction I would have hopped... and its still got that
>>> ugly border... :-(
>
> I didn't attach any new images, however I did fix the border
> problem earlier today.

Yay.

> It was you who added the 1.1 image in first place on the download
> page (Mar 26, 2007 14:52 - Jason Dillon: Add the nice box, using
> svn url at the moment, should change). I then changed it with a
> smaller jpg version for faster rendering.

Aight, as long as only one page (ie. the downloads.html) page has the
images attached, and you link the release pages to those images (and
not attach them to the release page) then we are sorted.

> Either way, that image refers to 1.1, that's why I asked for one
> without any version specific info so we can add it to the "general"
> download page. FWIW we are also missing 1.0 and 1.1.1 boxes so we
> can add to each download page the corresponding image.

You'd have to ask Hiram for that.  Personally, I like the version,
and it would be nice to see the box on each release page, as the AMQ
releases are for their 4.1.x stuff.

--jason