geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Help needed with geronimo.sh
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:52:11 GMT

On Apr 26, 2007, at 9:17 AM, Donald Woods wrote:

> Can't we just reorganize the existing layout to be a simpler -
>   GHOME/<instances>/template/var/...
>   GHOME/<instances>/template/deploy/
>   GHOME/<instances>/default/var/...
>   GHOME/<instances>/default/deploy/
> where <instances> could be a word we all vote on, like "instances"
> or "servers".

If I were a user I'd rather have my default be something that would
be consistent with my configuration as it grows.  For instance, I
install and have a "default instance"  and things are good.  Now I
want to add another one.  Do I now have default and default02?  Or
default and geronimo01?  Actually, I'd probably like something like
geronimo01 as a default and add a geronimo02 as needed.  This way I'm
not forced into an inconsistent naming scheme.  Although one could
argue that a user who is sophisticated enough to run multiple
instances would be able to work around it they will generally work
around it after getting burned once.

Anyway, just going with the simple theme we've always talked about.