geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: how do i get maven generated doc live?
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2007 20:34:06 GMT
On Apr 15, 2007, at 8:25 AM, Sachin Patel wrote:
> I've run site:site site:deploy on devtools/eclipse-plugin which
> successfully built and published to:
>
> people.apache.org/www/geronimo.apache.org/maven/devtools/eclipse-
> plugin
>
> What, if anything, do I need to do next to make it live on
>
> http://geronimo.apache.org/maven/devtools/eclipse-plugin?

You just have to wait for the site sync to happen, so sit back and do
nothing and check again in an hour or so.

  * * *

Please update the permissions, these files should all be g+w, but
they are not:

     drwxr-xr-x   4 sppatel   geronimo   512 Apr 15 08:20 devtools

To fix run:

     chmod -R g+w /www/geronimo.apache.org/maven/devtools

It would also be really nice if you would use the same site skin as
the other Maven-generated site.  If you would have just used the
Genesis project-config pom as your parent then you would have picked
this up automatically.  I created project-config for a specific
reason... to allow common configuration to be shared.  But that only
works if you actually use it.

Are there actually any reports generated for these modules?  I did a
quick check and I just see the project-info reports.  And looks like
none of these modules have descriptions.  What is the point of the
Maven-generated site if you don't update the pom to describe the
module and enable useful reports?

--jason