geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 2.0-M5 (rc1) binaries available
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:12:11 GMT

On Apr 26, 2007, at 12:37 PM, Paul McMahan wrote:

> This may be related to the changes made in https://
> issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3051.  It seems that there
> are some classloader related problems with the sql tags in jstl.
>
> After trying out the M5 release candidate just now I needed to
> reopen that JIRA because the changes made for it in rev 532106
> prevent myfaces from seeing the jstl classes.
>
> Unfortunately, since JSF is no longer working I must vote -1 on the
> M5 release.   Reverting 532106 locally fixed the JSF problem for me.

Lots of things are broken still and this is just a point in time
statement of where we are at.  I'd agree that a regression is
unfortunate but the intent of the milestone is a peek at where we're
at on a monthly basis.  See my other post on unstables as I think
we're reading more into this being a release than we should.  Perhaps
its confusing to users as well.