geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Anita Kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Help needed with geronimo.sh
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:07:05 GMT

--- Donald Woods <dwoods@apache.org> wrote:

> The other thought with preserving the base /var files in a jar/zip -
> it allows an
> admin/root user to install the base server files and then allow users
> to create
> their own instances by extracting the JEE5 or Minimal var jar/zip
> bundle (or a
> custom bundle that their IT guys create per dept or project.)

    The base server files are different for each assembly, e.g. the
minimal assemblies are smaller. They come with their own 'var'
(different config.xml). Currently extracting JEE5 'var' in minimal
image will not work.
   One advantage of zipped var is that it can not get accidentally
corrupted!

Thanks
Anita