geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Anita Kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Help needed with geronimo.sh
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:43:12 GMT

--- Matt Hogstrom <matt@hogstrom.org> wrote:

> I have to go back and see the directory layout your proposing.  I
iki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/running-multiple-instances-of-geronimo.html
> didn't see a specific proposal in the JIRA
  Some information is here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/running-multiple-instances-of-geronimo.html

> How about for purposes of this discussion:
>
> $G == GERONIMO_HOME
>
> We organize servers by default as:
>
 > $G/var/servers/geronimo01/config
>                                                     logs
>                                                     tmp
>
> and have
>
> $G/var/config
>                logs
>                tmp
> be a template that can be copied into new servers.  This way users
> could easily customize their default.

Some Background info:
   Currently the following dir/files are used to run an instance:

deploy
var -
    activemq
    catalina
    config
    derby
    log
    security
    shared
    temp
    txlog
   I like hot deploy directory being outside of the 'var'. All these
directories go under G/foo for an instance named foo. The 'var' created
by build has:

var
   config
   log
   security
   temp

>If the tree doesn't exist we fail with a message like: "Server
>instance 'geronimo03' has not been initialized.  Please run the
>serverInstance.sh script to create a new instance."

   The issue here is do we make a copy (for running default instance)
during build or ask our _developers_ to get used to this message and
using serverInstance.sh. IIUC, you are saying that create the template
and the default instance during build. And provide a script for
creating additional instances.

>Sounds like we're almost there.
  yup..

Thanks