geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Release openejb-2.3-incubating
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 00:54:42 GMT
This does address my concerns, though while we should still not use
pinned snapshots in a release, having this repo available will allow
the tree to have a higher chance of being build-able in the future.

I think we should probably considering making this a standard of
sorts when making a release, to include the dependency artifacts in a
tar.bz2 along with the *-src.* bits.  As long as we don't include the
artifacts we are building then the size should be relatively small...
and thats a small price to pay for having a tree build build-able in
the future.

I think we really need to hold on to the artifacts in the dist tree
just like we do for the src, because with out one or the other, your
chances of having a successful build are going to vary widely.

I think that we should think this over and then consider making this
a policy, at least for now until we have a better story on the
longevity of our m2 builds.

--jason