geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Openejb should allow configuration of port used by AdminDaemon
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 20:24:34 GMT
On Apr 1, 2007, at 5:43 AM, Anita Kulshreshtha wrote:

>     When running multiple instances of Geronimo an exception is thrown
> during startup:
> admin thread 127.0.0.1 4200: Service failed to start.: Address already
> in use: JVM_Bind
> Please see http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3011
>    The server starts fine and has functioning console. The
> org.apache.openejb.server.ServiceDaemon is using port 4200 defined in
> META-INF/o.a.openejb.server.serverService/admin. This comes to
> Geronimo
> as  a hardcoded value via openejb-server jar. We need to be able to
> configure this in Geronimo. Any suggestions about how to do this will
> be greatly appreciated.

FYI, it's not hardcoded, it's just the default as we aren't supplying
any other values.

You can configure it by adding the property "admin.port=<number>" to
the o.a.o.loader.SystemInstance or to the system properties.

This particular protocol shouldn't be enabled though and should
instead be disabled, "admin.disabled=true" via the same approach.

-David