geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Help needed with geronimo.sh
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 19:38:17 GMT
Well, that sounds better than putting that muck into platform scripts.

Though, why not simplify this even more and force users to make the
correct directories with the right configuration, and then just die
quickly if the directory is missing with an informative error message
to that effect.

--jason

On Apr 24, 2007, at 12:32 PM, Anita Kulshreshtha wrote:

>   The other option is to update MainConfigurationBootstrapper as
> follows:
> 1. if geronimo.org.apache.geronimo.server.name system property is not
> set, set it to 'geronimo'.
> 2. If 'geronimo' dir does not exist, create one and copy 'var' to it.
> 3. do the rest...
>
> Thanks
> Anita
>
> --- Jason Dillon <jason@planet57.com> wrote:
>
>> Why is it making geronimo/var?  Its usually much better to let Java
>> handle making directories and other complicated tasks and keep
>> platform scripts as simple as possible.
>>
>> --jason
>>

>> On Apr 24, 2007, at 4:51 AM, Anita Kulshreshtha wrote:
>>
>>>    Could someone please help me with testing a unix version of
>>> modified
>>> geronimo.bat? The patch for geronimo.bat is attached to