geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 2.0-M5 (rc1) binaries available
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:56:20 GMT
I like the idea of publishing monthly builds, but calling them a Milestone when
there was no defined and met milestone doesn't quite make sense...

Why not just ask Prasad (or Jason w/ GBuild) to include the testsuite in the
daily run that includes the unit tests -

    Subject: [BUILD] TRUNK: Successful for Revision: 532672
    Date: 26 Apr 2007 09:37:43 -0000
    From: prasad@apache.org
    To: scm@geronimo.apache.org

    OpenEJB trunk at 532669
    Geronimo Revision: 532672 built with tests included
    . . .

and then just pick one of those that passes every week to publish to the snapshot
repo and to publish for users to download?  That way, as the testsuite gains more
component coverage, we'll naturally move towards a more formal test process
before releases are selected to vote on.

-Donald