geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 2.0-M5 (rc1) binaries available
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:34:10 GMT
Folks, I'm still having some issues while accessing the embedded Derby databases.

I can create a database using the embedded Derby from the Admin Console.
I can insert some sample data and browse it from the Admin Console too.
I can create a connection pool and test it from the console. Testing is part of the GUI before
the actual deployment.

So far so good but when I use a web app to access that DB via the pool I just created I get
"java.sql.SQLException: Database 'SomeDB' not found."
This only occurs on the embedded Derby DBs I create, I can access and list content from the
system-database without any problems from this app.
It also works well with other pools for external DB and earlier milestones so I guess the
app is not the issue.

Folks, we pretty much have the same issue on every release, we fix it in trunk and we break
it again. Maybe we should look into "desensitizing" the embedded Derby. ;-)

Cheers!
Hernan