geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help needed with geronimo.sh
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:17:35 GMT
So, we have 2 directories that need to be created for every instance -
   /deploy
   /var
The easiest way to keep users (who will have less working knowledge of Geronimo
than us developers) from screwing up their server when trying to use multiple
instances, is to put both of those directories under another "instance"
directory, including the base template files.

Can't we just reorganize the existing layout to be a simpler -
   GHOME/<instances>/template/var/...
   GHOME/<instances>/template/deploy/
   GHOME/<instances>/default/var/...
   GHOME/<instances>/default/deploy/
where <instances> could be a word we all vote on, like "instances" or "servers".

That way, we always have a "default" server configured and available for users
and the geronimo-maven-plugin to use...

Do we need to include the /bin directory in there too, given the geronimo script
has JVM options in it and may need to be customized for different instances???

I could also go along with leaving out the <instances> directory, as long as we
agreed on placing the "template" files and the "default" instance in well named
directories under GHOME....

-Donald