geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help needed with geronimo.sh
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 03:47:44 GMT
If I was creating new server instances, I'd like to always start with a "known"
var/config.xml

The other thought with preserving the base /var files in a jar/zip - it allows an
admin/root user to install the base server files and then allow users to create
their own instances by extracting the JEE5 or Minimal var jar/zip bundle (or a
custom bundle that their IT guys create per dept or project.)

Either way works for me, as we can always create a Java or JMX wrapper for
creating/deleting instances in a future release.

-Donald