geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Yoko and java.endorsed.dirs question
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:00:28 GMT
I'm actually seeing a failure to start the server on certain IBM JVM's,
like the IBM SDK for Solaris (or HP-UX.)  This is due to a unique
packaging change, where they supply a jre/lib/endorsed directory which
contains the following -
   ibmcertpathfw.jar        ibmjgssfw.jar            ibmpkcs.jar
   ibmcertpathprovider.jar  ibmjgssprovider.jar      ibmsaslfw.jar
   ibmcfw.jar               ibmjmxstubsties.jar      xml.jar
   ibmext.jar               ibmorb.jar
   ibmjcefw.jar             ibmorbapi.jar
For Linux, Windows and AIX, there is no jre/lib/endorsed directory,
which matches the layout of the Sun JDK for Linux, Windows and Solaris.

So, due to the above JDK, don't we need the Geronimo lib/endorsed
directory before the JDK's?

-Donald