geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Yoko and java.endorsed.dirs question
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 13:53:00 GMT
Donald Woods wrote:
> What order should the paths be for java.endorsed.dirs?
> Should it be -
> 1) JDK's lib/endorsed before Geronimo's lib/endorsed
> 2) Geronimo's lib/endorsed before the JDK's lib/endorsed
>
> I'm wondering due to the following warning/exception in the
> geronimo-corba module -
>   "Incorrect level of org.omg.CORBA classes found.
>    Likely cause is an incorrect java.endorsed.dirs configuration"
>
> Don't we need the Yoko implementation in the endorsed classpath before
> the JDK's implementation???
For the yoko code, I'm not sure it matters.  The classes the yoko code
overrides is contained in the base JVM, not in jar files contained in
the endorsed dirs.  Not including the yoko jars in the endorsed dirs is
one potential cause of that error (and a frequent one for 2.0 until the
CORBA support was fully enabled).  There are other situations as well
that can lead to that.  Are you encountering the error, or just
wondering because you saw the message in the yoko code?

Rick