geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 2.0-M4 Binaries available (rc1)
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 01:50:28 GMT
David,

Very true.  I had just assumed that the minimal tomcat config.xml must
have included Jasper ... but I see that it doesn't.   I did verify again
that I can deploy the war on tomcat minimal and it works.  When I
list-modules I see the jasper config listed and started but not the
jasper-deployer.

Looking a little further I see that tomcat6 includes a dependency in its
pom on jasper with a comment stating that it is "required because tomcat
and jasper share the LifeCycleProvider interface, or
AnnotationProcessor".  Jetty doesn't include this same dependency and so
it is not included.

Joe