geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 2.0-M4 Binaries available (rc1)
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 18:11:52 GMT
  [X] +1 - Release these binaries

I downloaded all 4 assemblies, did some minimal poking around the admin
console for the JEE5 assemblies, and deployed a simple web app with a
single JSP on each.  There are some issues but I think this is good
enough for another milestone release.

Here are the problems that I noticed:

geronimo-jetty6-jee5:
- I received a ton of WARNing messages when I deployed a simple war.
All the messages were complaining about not being able to read a jar
file and it appears it was going thru each jar in our repository.  I'll
open a JIRA for this problem.
- Terminating the server from the admin console resulted in some SQL
exceptions because there was no longer a current connection.  I think
this may be a know problem (sounds familiar) ... if not I'll open a JIRA
for this one too.

geronimo-tomcat6-jee5:
- The deploy went fine with no WARNing messages.
- Terminating the server had the same SQLExceptions as with Jetty.

I also decided to try out the minimal assemblies although I'm not sure
anybody would really be using those for this milestone given that we're
trying to get more meaty JEE5 functions out.

geronimo-tomcat6-minimal:
- Deploying a simple war worked fine with no unexpected warning messages
and I was able to access the web app.

geronimo-jetty6-minimal:
- Deploying a simple JSP war resulted in an UnavailableException for
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet from the application classloader
and failures attempting to start the GBean.  I'll open a JIRA for this
issue.  I suspect that we're not including the correct jasper item in
the classloader of the web app.  I think we can push this milestone out
even with this error given that people can work with the jetty and the
jee5 assembly until this issue is resolved in a subsequent milestone.

Joe