geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Anita Kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Running multiple instances of geronimo
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:30:13 GMT
   Now the server instances can be run as follows:
1. create a directory in GERONIMO_HOME called say 'instance1'
2. copy 'var' directory to instance1.
3. edit instance1\var\config\config-substitutions.properties. Change
portOffset to 10, 20, .. (or anything else).
3. set GERONIMO_OPTS=-Dorg.apache.geronimo.server.name=instance1
4. bin\startup
5.  To shutdown use bin\shutdown for the instance using 1099, and
bin\shutdown --port=<rmiNamingPort> for others. The console can also be
used.
6. To deploy from command line use:
  bin\deploy ......... for instance at 1099
  bin\deploy -port <rmiNamingPort> deploy ..................... for
others
  It would be nice if shutdown and deploy used same command syntax.
    For the sake of uniformity, I would like to treat the server with
name geronimo', i.e.
gernimo:...j2eeType=J2EEServer,name=geronimo
  as an instance. In other words it will be run from geronimo/var (not
var). This will make a pristine copy of 'var' available all the time
for creating new instances. This can be easily done by setting the
property org.apache.geronimo.server.name=geronimo by default.
   Any other ideas are welcome..

Thanks
Anita