geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 2.0-M4 Binaries available (rc1) - rc1 is dead
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 15:33:56 GMT
Here's my 0.02 c.

The process is owrking well as (I think it was Rakesh) that
identified something odd about the binaries.  We should not have both
artifacts (2.0-M4 and 2.0-M4-SNAPSHOT) in the binaries.

As release manager I am not comfortable releasing these and I'm
concerned about where they got picked up and will investigate this.

I will work today to spin up a corrected set of binaries that
addresses the issues we've been discussing (buildability, etc.)

I have to say that every release is a learning experience.  So, for
my part doing this once a month has been useful as it flushes out a
new set of issues.  Geronimo is so dependent on external projects
that we are in a unique (and difficult) position from a release
standpoint as our dependent projects do not release in a coordinated

I have a check list of how to build and am augmenting it with a list
of things to look for...something new every time :)

View raw message