geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Anita Kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Running multiple instances of geronimo
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2007 21:49:50 GMT
Hi All,
 We need to make some additional [1] changes to the server to run
multiple instances of geronimo:
1. By default i.e. bin\startup will start the server with a name (i1 or
something).
2.A pristine copy of var and deploy (empty directory) will be
maintained at G_HOME, which could be used to start new instances. The
G_HOME/deploy is not necessary in this case. The server directory will
look like this:

GERONIMO_HOME -
              |- ...........
              | deploy - ??????????????
              |- var

              |- instance1   -  var
                           |-  deploy

              |- instance2  -   var
                           |-  deploy

              |- ......................

3. The shutdown config is using var/temp/jline.dll. We should be able
to use a single copy of jline.dll. Where should jline.dll be put?
   These are the absolute min mum changes needed. One could change the
script to take a server name (o.a.g.server.name), and create the
required server dir. The config.xml could be generated by adding offset
to all the ports, etc, etc...
   These changes are going to affect eclipse tools, please review and
provide feedback.

Thanks
Anita

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3011