geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 2.0-M5 (rc1) binaries available
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 16:16:48 GMT

On Apr 26, 2007, at 8:34 AM, Hernan Cunico wrote:

> Folks, I'm still having some issues while accessing the embedded
> Derby databases.
>
> I can create a database using the embedded Derby from the Admin
> Console.
> I can insert some sample data and browse it from the Admin Console
> too.
> I can create a connection pool and test it from the console.
> Testing is part of the GUI before the actual deployment.
>
> So far so good but when I use a web app to access that DB via the
> pool I just created I get "java.sql.SQLException: Database 'SomeDB'
> not found."
> This only occurs on the embedded Derby DBs I create, I can access
> and list content from the system-database without any problems from
> this app.
> It also works well with other pools for external DB and earlier
> milestones so I guess the app is not the issue.
>
> Folks, we pretty much have the same issue on every release, we fix
> it in trunk and we break it again. Maybe we should look into
> "desensitizing" the embedded Derby. ;-)

Do you remember what the problem/solution is?  I'd guess that to make
it work you'd have to include a dependency on the system-database
module and not include any jar dependencies on derby.  Is this even
possible using the db wizard?  Does the earlier connector-deployer
gbean have system-database in the defaultEnvironment but it's now
been removed?  (IMO it should not be in the default environment).

thanks
david jencks