geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ and port 1099 [was : Openejb and port 1099]
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2007 16:59:52 GMT

On Apr 14, 2007, at 6:42 PM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> I don't believe this was the cause of the failures I was
> receiving.  In order for the tests I was working with to function,
> the two servers needed to agree on the RMIRegistry.  There's no
> mechanism that allows me to change the value in the other server,
> and I found I was unable to force the Geronimo configuration back
> to 1099 with that change in place.

Agreed. I'm pretty sure that Anita understands that. She's trying to
fix the problem that port 1099 must be available when you start a
Geronimo server, no matter what RMI Registry port is configured.

IIUC, once the problem is resolved, the default port for RMI Registry
will remain as 1099 (fixes your problem) and you'll be able to start
a server using a non-default port without getting an error (fixes the
problem that Anita was trying to avoid).

--kevan